Thursday, September 07, 2006

Upcoming Info Island Orientations for Librarians and Others

We continue to get new librarians exploring the island, so welcome. I
have set up some Info Island orientation times open to librarians and
others. These are in the immediate future and I will continue to set
them up. If others would like to do some, let me know. We will meet in
front of the library and these last about one hour.
Friday, 9/8 at 8 a.m sl, 10 a.m central, 11 a.m. eastern
Sunday, 9/10 at 4 pm sl, 6 pm central, 7 pm eastern
Sunday, 9/10 at 5 pm sl, 7 pm central, 8 pm eastern

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Hi...

My library director suggested a tour of Info Island. Having never done virtual and avatars this whole thing has been an education.

My wife and I have both "avatarred" (It's nice being skinny again!) and visited Info Island several times. Great place. We're going to try to show up for one of the tours on Sunday.

Are there any plans for creating a building/location for technical services folks? I work in state government documents and cataloging and Diana works in acquisitions.

Thanks for all the work you're doing on this.

Bill
(avatar: Rocky Vallejo)

and

Diana
(avatar: Cindy Elkhorn)

both librarians from Kansas

 
At 9/15/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger WE said...

"I've been wondering what the point is too -- and if it's useful, or even fun, I'm all behind it. But some services and activities seem quite pointless to me. The Second Life Library is an example. Who are we reaching out to when we reach out to SL users? We're reaching out to the info-literate elite of this world. So what's the point? ...To my mind, simulations are only useful so long as they serve to help us understand what they've modeled. Real Life, please."

Hi guys. I'm still an iconoclast on this one -- remind me again why this (SL Library) is important?

http://www.simulation.cc/comments.php?id=289_0_1_0_C

Best as always,
WE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home