Thursday, April 27, 2006

Multi-tasking




I am working on my Finals while I have SL open, and today I was joined by a passerby that saw me in the window and wanted to come in. I welcome him to come in and look around. He walked behind the desk, and I thinking he was a librarian offered a seat.

He was very happy to sit down and talk with me, but also wanted to know why we were sitting behind a desk. I explained about what we are doing at the library and we watched movie trailers and Magical Trevor on the Monitor. I explained how to add the library as a bookmark and teleport at his request. As he left I welcomed him back and he said he most certainly will come back.

I also drew in some more patrons while watching Magical Trevor, because I couldn't resist the urge to dance. I know its unprofessional, but it drew attention, and I got more people in the doors for services. I had many questions about what you do in SL, especially if you don't have a paid account. I think this would be an excellent idea to share with visitors. Another thing for the Ready Ref List.

1 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger WE said...

re: dancing: good for you! You know, why not dance? I'm wondering now what it is essentially about a bit of dancing that makes it "unprofessional"? Where's the line between "spring in my step" and "dancing"? I wonder. I might just try a little dancing near the ref desk (in 'real world') and see what happens. I'm happy at my job, so why not? Let the joy spread like virus to the people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home