Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another day in the (Second) Life

I've been trying to learn something about how to do all the various content creation tasks that are possible in Second Life. So yesterday I attended a morning class about creating jewelry. In the end, I came home with a shiny diamond ring. I took a few more classes including an intro to snapshots and an intro to scripting, both of which were very helpful. I highly recommend taking advantage of all of the freely available educational opportunities that await you in Second Life.

So anyway, after the morning jewelry class, it was time for my usual jaunt to the library. To my surprise, our modern-style building was gone and had been replaced by a Roman villa.



It wasn't long before the villa had become a castle.



By the end of the day, this charming building emerged as the winner.



Much work was done getting things set up, including a lovely rooftop set-up (picture by childlit2004, apologies for the darkness).



But even at that point, we were discussing a larger version of the same building, so I know that we will continue tinkering. Expect more exciting developments on both the property and building fronts soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home