Thinking outside the box...inside the box.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Second Life is a 3-D virtual world entirely built and owned by its residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively and today is inhabited by over 600,000 people from around the globe. There are shopping malls, events, homes, lands of different types, and best of all, participants can contribute content, buildings, and other digital creations.
Alliance Library System and OPAL are teaming up to utilize the programs currently offered online to librarians and library users to extend the programs to the Second Life virtual reality world. Although there are a couple of libraries currently on Second Life, none currently offers programs or services. Alliance and OPAL will start with programs and eventually hope to offer library services.
- Upcoming events at Second Life Library
- Miller and Lee a Hit! SciFi in the Sky
- Second Life Library Presents: Entangled in Cypersp...
- History Gallery Garden
- Update on Second Life Library
- EdTechTalk visits the library
- Big News: An Island and Two New Partners!
- New Library Writing and Performance Centre
- A moment for Solitude
- Introduction to Alliance Second Life Library 2.0